In The Beginning ...

Hello, Dear Reader and members of The Tribe!

This is my first post and I don't know where to begin ... (which is not unusual for me). I've been starving for your presence along this journey; which, I finally decided to make official. I sit here on the brink of finally making some personal goals come true. Do you know what that is like? How many of you out there set goals day after day -- and year after year -- and never just tackle the suckers and make them happen.

Well, today I am owning it. Do you hear me? I. Am. Owning. It.

My goal? To publish some great stories in that other realm of Fantasy, SciFi, and Horror (mainly Fantasy and SciFi, I admit). I want to use this blog to gather inspiration and pretty much journal my thoughts along the way.

So, I guess I begin at the beginning. To meet any goal, one must begin by assessing where one is on the road to The Goal. What have I done to meet The Goal, so far? Well, I am a former reporter and I won some Associate Press Awards. I have published a chapbook of poetry -- Passion Fruit (back in 2003 or so by Sam's Dot Publishing) -- and I have had various poems and short stories published but never in a large venue and I have not yet published a novel. I have worked as an editor on several genre-themed magazines and anthologies. I have been paid for these ventures. Oh, and let's not forget that, for many years, I had a popular humorist column called "The Story Hour" published weekly in the local paper. (Yes, I have been known to be funny, despite my dramatic forays in fiction.)

That is what I have done in the past. What have I done lately (As in -- the past two years)? Hmm ... let's see ... oh, yeah ... I ain't done jack (BLEEP)!

So, Dear Readers and members of The Tribe. That is what You and this blog are for. I am going to do what writers are supposed to do. Write. And, I am going to chronicle it along the way and share some of my more popular past pieces with you.

Warning: You may find your funny bone tickled sometimes and you may also have to put up with a LOT of whining and angst! After all, I AM (flips hair pretentiously) a WRI-TAH! What else would you expect?

I hope You are all having a terrific Saturday. I'm off for a while to do all the poetically mundane things we have to do before getting down to what we really WANT to do ... and you other writers out there know what I am talking about, don't you? (Insert knowing grin, here.)

Talk to You later.

-- L.A.


Comments

  1. Every adventure begins with a first step, so step away. Feel free to start with baby steps like in What About Bob? Or take giant leaps with a single bound like a certain you-know-who in a red cape. Look forward to reading your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support! I need that kind of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yesterday, I wrote a word

Watch out for wandering minds and hidden memory chips

A Kid Named Larry