Magnificent Urges

Hello again, Dear Reader, and members of The Tribe,

I began this blog as a tentative effort toward accountability. I wanted to force myself to shake off my natural inclination to be a professional slacker. There are things that I want to do. I want to express myself creatively. I want to share some of these characters, ideas, and stories that haunt me. I want to play in the words and get my hands dirty. But ... let's face it ... writing is fun ... but it's hard work if you want to do it right.

So ... I started this blog, but I have not been as regular in posting as I intended. I have a very ... very ... VERY busy life. Still, I usually find that what we spend our time on is where our real priorities lie whether it is by design or simply circumstances. If that is true, then my priorities are: work, school, family, and community endeavors. That is what I spend my time on. What I do for a living takes up nine hours of my day for five days of the week. I have to work to survive. School is something I hope will improve my life. I need to do some switching around. Something has got to change. Family, writing, school, work, and community endeavors ... that's more like what my ultimate priority goal would look like.

How do I achieve this? Well, first I must make some goals -- attainable goals -- that will help me in being accountable for the things I want to do to make my life a lot happier.

Goal No. 1: Post here at least twice a week -- Sunday and Tuesday.
Goal No. 2: Set one goal a week for my writing projects and report on them.

That's it. Not too bad, right? I can do this ...

With that in mind, my writing goal this week is to complete an outline for my novella project - Pioneer. An outline will help me work toward finishing the project.

It's official. I will finish my outline for Pioneer and I will write about it by next Sunday. You may all feel free to push me along  ... :D

What are Your priorities, Dear Reader? Is your life happy? What small goal would You set for yourself this week toward making one of your ultimate dreams come true? Is there anything? I expect as much from you as I do from myself.

Think about it. If we never do anything about our dreams then they are only magnificent urges. Our dreams become crystalline fantasies that we dust off and study occasionally with wistful expressions.

Until next time I check in ... consider yourselves group-hugged.

Peace,
L.A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yesterday, I wrote a word

Watch out for wandering minds and hidden memory chips

A Kid Named Larry