Poetry is NOT a dirty word ... REALLY!

Hello All!

I know it has been a very long time! And, to those who have read my past blogs where I posted some of my published fiction, well, let me just say that lately it seems my poetry has trumped everything else. I have been leading poetry workshops over the last few months and I hope to have my new poetry chapbook ready to go to the editor soon. The new poetry book is called Viscera and I have to say I am very excited about it. It has a great combo of my signature fantasy-influenced approach and my new appreciation for mainstream poetry. (Well, the appreciation is not new, but I have definitely been influenced by my journey to a BA degree in English and all of the literature courses I have had and it shows in this collection.)

For those who are NOT familiar with my poetry, I am going to post about three pieces from my existing chapbook: Passion Fruit, which was published in 2003. I'd love some feedback ... (or a feedbag ... I'm hungry!) :D

I am pasting those poems below ... until next time, keep writing and dreaming!!

Hugs,
LA



HEALER
By L.A. Story

Do you need me to touch you?
I can feel your pain emanate,
Lapping over me, like the wake
Of a large ship. I see a ravaged
Soul. Haggard by hardships.
I am a Healer.
Your anguish compelled like a beacon.
I can protect you for awhile.
Will you let me heal you?
This is my lot.
Come into my arms –
If you need to.

Draw from me and
I will nurse your soul.
I give freely to those –
Who need. I will take you,
If you ask. But, I will give
You back when you are
Ready to go. I will dim
Reality’s harsh light,
As you whisper your troubles
Into my waiting ear. I will stroke,
Soothe. My voice – your lullaby.
I will absorb some of the toxin
That poisoned your faith.
I will set you free
When you are strong again.
I am a Healer. This is my lot.

-End-

MIDNIGHT CONVERSATION
By L.A. Story

Move closer.
Speak to me
By the fire.
Our faces hot;
Our backs cold.
Speak to me
Of ancient things.
Our modern world
Has lost its grip
On the mysterious.
You know things –
I can tell.
Share.
Speak to me.
I watch the flames
Undulate.
You whisper – secrets.
I’ve waited so long
To hear.
The wine
Is sweet,
And the
Wonder grows,
As you speak to me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yesterday, I wrote a word

Watch out for wandering minds and hidden memory chips

A Kid Named Larry